Hello, my name is Wayne Lawton and I'm an amateur photographer.
I enjoy taking photos of just about anything that catches my eye, textures, shadows, angles, etc.
I really enjoy hiking around the San Francisco Bay Area and tend to drag my camera along on these excursions.
Most of these photos were taken with a Canon Rebel XTI
although there are also a few shots from various point and shoot cameras that I own.
Feel free to comment or offer advice, (Or criticism, I can take it),
and with any luck, as this blog progresses, so will my photo taking abilities.


Friday, November 9, 2007

Las Trampas...

I only got in one real hike this last week or so.
I went out with my dog to Las Trampas off of Crow Canyon Rd. in San Ramon.
We busted our lungs and calf muscles getting to the top of the Rocky Ridge View Trail,
(Hasn't anyone ever heard of switchbacks?!)
We then headed over to the Wind Caves on the Rocky Ridge Loop Trail that are located on the border of the EBMUD Lands.


These first couple of photos are of some of the weird stone formations inside of the wind caves.

This next shot is looking through a hole in the rocks down into the EBMUD Water Shed.

Here are a few shots of one of the rock outcroppings from a couple of slightly different angles.
I really like the Easter Island "Stone Giant" feel of this formation.

Here are a couple of shots of the whole wind cave area looking up from the trail.

This is a view down the valley that borders the Eastern side of the Wind Caves.

We then headed over to the Cuesta Trail and started back down the hill.
On this trail we found these dried up stalks, (French Broom perhaps).

We also found this one California Poppy that was well lighted and positioned.

After that it was back to the Rocky Ridge View Trail and back to the staging area.
These next few photos were shot in my Mom's garden when I was over for a visit.

The rest of the week was spent taking some shots for my photo class.
One of the assignments was to take shots of an object from a variety of angles.
I chose an Old School Sears Bicycle that my son and I fixed up and here a a couple of those photos.

This last photo was taken on a night shoot we did in class.
I have a ways to go on this skill, but I did like the way this one photo turned out that I shot with a star filter.

Well, that's all for this week.
See you again soon.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hayward, California, United States
I'm a pretty average guy. 49 years old. Lovely Wife. Two Great Sons. Black Lab & A Fat Cat. Mortgage. Harley. Bit Of A Pack Rat.