Hello, my name is Wayne Lawton and I'm an amateur photographer.
I enjoy taking photos of just about anything that catches my eye, textures, shadows, angles, etc.
I really enjoy hiking around the San Francisco Bay Area and tend to drag my camera along on these excursions.
Most of these photos were taken with a Canon Rebel XTI
although there are also a few shots from various point and shoot cameras that I own.
Feel free to comment or offer advice, (Or criticism, I can take it),
and with any luck, as this blog progresses, so will my photo taking abilities.


Monday, November 12, 2007

Mt. Diablo...

I took a drive instead of a hike this week.
The cloud cover was rather interesting today
so my youngest Son & I grabbed a couple of sandwiches and drove up Mt. Diablo.
We hoped to get some nice shots of the afternoon sun and with any luck, a spectacular sunset.

These first photos are of the light tower at the peak of Mt. Diablo
and of a Chimney on the east side of the Lodge.


These next few photos are of my son standing on the lookout platform at the peak.
The valley East of Mt. Diablo is in the background.

These next few photos show the shadows of the both peaks extending East out into the valley.

These photos are looking west into the setting sun, (Setting Son?).

Here are a couple of shots looking west just after the sun had set,
(With & without one of the communication towers).

After the sun set, we started down the mountain.
A couple of miles down, the sky started to color up.
We pulled over in a parking lot to get some shots.

My son decided to get in some skating while I was shooting the sunset.
I had him come over and skate in front of me while I laid on the ground and shot out into the sunset sky.

This last photo is my favorite of the series.
I love the position of his skateboard and the sliver of a moon shining between his legs.

After that we continued our journey down the Mountain
and stopped one last time on a turn-out to get in a last few shots of the moon.

Well, that's all for this week.
See you again soon.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Beautiful photos, Bil! That one of the moon between Nic's legs is wonderful.

About Me

My photo
Hayward, California, United States
I'm a pretty average guy. 49 years old. Lovely Wife. Two Great Sons. Black Lab & A Fat Cat. Mortgage. Harley. Bit Of A Pack Rat.